Saturday, September 20, 2008

Useful/Interesting Topic

Its needless to say that chapter 9 had plenty of great information. What I found especially helpful for me was the section where it talks about the Source Characteristics That Enhance Influence. The reason being because myself as well as every other speaker out there can really relate to this, and it is extremely helpful information. I find this particular section to be very helpful because its day to day stuff that an every day speaker would use when speaking in front of an audience. I think that each characteristic gives a very good detail of how each thing can be achieved. I like how the book talks about attractiveness, because its definitely easier to listen to someone speak when they dress nice and are well groomed. It gives me a sense of comfort when I'm listening to someone speak and they are well dressed, and good looking. I also like to think that I am good at figuring out whether someone is a bullshitter, I like to know that I am listening to someone who is credible and someone who i can trust and believe. I think that the book is also very useful on how to persuade an audience. For me chapter 9 has been the best chapter that I have read so far, because of the amount of useful information it contains.

No comments: